Government plan to boost health workers
HON ANDREW LITTLE
01 August 2022
The Government is rolling out a suite of targeted measures to train more health workers domestically and bring more doctors and nurses into the country to help address immediate workforce pressures.
- Easing the process for overseas nurses and provision of up to $10,000 in financial support for international nurses for NZ registration costs.
- Provide for the costs of reregistration for New Zealand nurses who want to return to work.
- Covering international doctors’ salaries during their six-week clinical induction courses and three-month training internships
- Co-ordinated and enhanced national and international healthcare recruitment campaign.
- Training more doctors, nurses and radiographers.
- Dedicated immigration support services to make it easier for health workers to move to New Zealand
For more information, please visit: Government plan to boost health workers | Beehive.govt.nz