OUR RELOCATION PACKAGE
For certain Te Whatu Ora roles, we offer a relocation package that covers the cost of:
- Shipping your household goods (up to $10,000 NZD)1
- One-way economy travel fare, plus one night's accommodation for a layover for you, your partner, and any children under the age of 21 who will live with you.2
- Airport transfers to your accommodation on arrival in New Zealand.
- Up to 4 weeks paid temporary accommodation while we help you find a place to live
- Up to 4 weeks of car rental costs
For an individual to be eligible for relocation assistance, all of the following criteria must be met:
- You currently live outside of New Zealand.
- You have been offered employment after 21 November 2022.
- You have not been offered employment as a Resident Medical Officer (this is because the respective provision in the RMO MECA for relocation eligibility and assistance apply).
- You are to be employed in a full time permanent position or to a full time fixed-term contract of no less than 12 months duration.
- A bond agreement is entered into at the time of employment.
1. We cover up to $5,000 in shipping costs if you are based in Australia or in the Pacific, and up to $10,000 for countries further than Australia.
2. The cost of one night’s accommodation for a layover will be covered if your flights require a layover to reach New Zealand, and one flight is longer than 12 hours.